International Acting/Screenwriting and Filmmaking Retreat this year is in Amsterdam
Behind the scenes we have been working to create a wonderful workshop experience. One thing we can promise, you will be talking about the workshop for years to come. So make sure you don’t miss it.
This is a pre-professional workshop for people wanting to develop their filmmaking and acting skills. We would like you to submit a motivation letter outlining your experience along with your resumé/CV. Students will be chosen through a selection process. Only serious applicants please.
The workshop will involve a mixture of script writing classes, physical exercises and improvisations, and Meisner work. All with a view to writing, shooting, acting in, directing and editing our own short films in the second half of the workshop.
• Please arrive for the workshop with nothing but your commitment to spend two weeks in a unique creative environment.
• Scripts will be written during the workshop to utilize the students participating.
• Participants will vote on the scripts to be filmed. We will shoot and edit as many as possible.
• Films to be shot in the second week on 5d or 7d cameras with sync sound.
• You can write a script or outline before the workshop but this should be based on Lars von Trier’s Dogma style. No props, no wardrobe, no lights. Before writing for guidance and analysis, please contact me and I will send you the teacher’s contact details for you to begin a dialogue.
• We want to ensure that you get maximum benefits from the workshop. Based on your experience, you may also have the opportunity to direct or edit one of the films.
Workshop schedule and content
We will work a five-day week.
We suggest you arrive on either the Thursday or Friday before class begins, and leave on the Sunday or Monday the following week.
Please take into consideration extra costs for flights, transfers, meals and accommodation.
Our students from countries outside Europe will be charged differently based on the flight costs they must accrue.
The workshop fee covers teacher’s costs and venue.
More detailed information will be given to those applying.
There are only 16 places available!